Migrating OCR from Oracle ASM to Other Storage type in RAC Environment
Oracle Cluster Registry (OCR) stores Oracle Clusterware and RAC database configuration information.
Following are the steps to migrate OCR from ASM to other Storage type:
1. Check upgrade to Oracle Clusterware 12c is complete.
crsctl query crs activeversion
2. Create a file in a shared or cluster file system with the following permissions: root, oinstall, 640.
3. File should be visible or access from all the nodes.
4. Add the file as an OCR location and run the following command as root:
Note: ensure that the Oracle Clusterware stack is running
ocrconfig -add file_location
ocrconfig -add /ocrdata/ocr_1
Note: Run this command more if you are having more location configure for OCR. If you have 5 location then run it 5 times with different location.
5. Configure the Backup location to file system, run as root user:
ocrconfig –backuploc file_location
6. Remove OCR old location if no longer in use, run as root:
ocrconfig -delete +asm_disk_group
ocrconfig -delete +ASMOCR