With the increasing popularity of mobile devices like iPhones, more people are turning to their smartphones as their primary cameras. And while having all of those photos stored on your phone may seem convenient, it can be hard to find a way to easily access them if they’re not already backed up in the cloud or onto another device.
Luckily, there is an easy process you can use that will have all of those beautiful photographs transferred over in no time. This blog post will show you how you can quickly and painlessly get your iPhone photos onto your Chromebook computer.
Transfer Photos From iPhone to Chromebook Computer via USB
Transferring photos from an iPhone to a Chromebook computer via USB is not difficult. Sort out all of your photos you need to transfer and remove duplicates if there are any.
- First, use the charging cord that came with your iPhone to connect it to your Chromebook computer.
- On the Chromebook, locate the File Manager app and select it.
- Then open the File Manager and look for either opening or importing files from an external device.
- Once you select this option, your iPhone will be detected, and you can view all the images and videos stored on it.
- Next, create a folder on your Chromebook where you’d like all the photos from your iPhone to be saved once they are transferred.
- After doing so, select which photos and videos you would like to transfer by checking their boxes in the File Manager.
- When done selecting them, click on “copy” or “upload”, depending on what type of button appears to begin transferring them over to your Chromebook file manager.
Once all the desired images have transferred successfully, confirm that they are indeed in the folder you created prior on your ChromeOS device by opening it up again in File Manager. And with that, you have successfully transferred photos from your iPhone to your Chromebook computer via USB.
Transfer Photos From iPhone to Chromebook Computer Wirelessly
Wirelessly transferring photos from an iPhone to a Chromebook computer has never been easier. All it takes is a few simple steps, and you can easily transfer photos from your iPhone to your Chromebook.
- First, ensure that both the iPhone and the Chromebook are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Next, open the Photos app on the iPhone and select “Share” for each photo you would like to transfer.
- Once you have selected which photos you would like to share, choose AirDrop as your sharing option and select the Chromebook in the list of available devices.
- Lastly, confirm that you want to send each photo and wait for them to be transferred.
Once all photos have been successfully transferred to the Chromebook, they will appear in a folder on its desktop labeled “Photos from iPhone” (unless you changed this name previously).
For added convenience, there are also other wireless options available that allow you to quickly & easily transfer photos between your devices without using cables or wires. One such option is Bluetooth File Transfer, which will enable users with compatible iOS or Android operating systems to tap their phones together to instantly share files wirelessly over Bluetooth.
Transfer via Google Drive
For those looking for an even more convenient way of transferring files between their mobile devices & computers, services such as Google Drive offer an easy way. Without having to worry about cords or cables, upload & save all of your media content within its cloud-based storage for easy online access regardless of where in the world you may be at any given time.
iCloud Photo Library
Services such as Apple’s iCloud Photo Library also provide users with a secure platform for backing up & saving all of their personal photos & videos across multiple devices, so they’re never out of reach or lost forever.
Transfer via Snapdrop
Transferring photos from an iPhone to a Chromebook can easily and quickly use Snapdrop. This open-source platform allows users to share files from one device to another without needing additional software or apps.
The process is simple:
- Open the Snapdrop website on both your iPhone and Chromebook.
- Once both devices have loaded the site, you’ll see a large QR code on your Chromebook’s screen.
- On your iPhone, tap the “Share” icon at the bottom of your screen and select “Scan QR Code.”
- Point your phone’s camera at the QR code on your Chromebook’s screen, and after a few seconds, you’ll get confirmation that the connection between the two devices has been established.
- Now you can select all the photos you want to transfer from your iPhone, click “Share”, and choose “Snapdrop” to send them directly to your Chromebook.
The entire transfer process will take only a few moments, depending on how many photos you’re transferring. When it’s complete, all the files will be available in their original quality for viewing or further editing on your Chromebook computer.
Although it is not as difficult as it may seem, people still struggle with transferring photos from their iPhones to Chromebook computers. This can be done in a few simple steps highlighted in this blog post. By following the instructions step-by-step, you will have your pictures transferred in no time.