Example of creating an EC2 instance in AWS
1. Login with AWS console.
2. Go to Service tab and select the EC2 in Compute Service.
3. Select the button Launch instance in EC2 instance service.
4. You get the list of AMI(Amazon Machine Image) which Operating system you want to choose for your EC2 instance like linux, windows, Mac etc.
After choose AMI machine, go to next level.
5. Step 2 need to choose the type of instance according to your requirement like CPU or memory needed as your requirement. I am choosing free tier for demo i.e t2.micro.
After choose Instance type, go to next level.
6. Step 3 Configure the instance setting like VPC, Network setting, Shutdown behaviour, Enable termination protection etc.
After configure change in Instance configuration, go to next level.
7. In this step 4, add storage, you got one drive for your Operating system install. If you need another drive then you need to ADD Volume as EBS storage as shown in image.
Note: Option DELETE ON TERMINATION is enabled then your drive is lost when you terminate the EC2 Instance.
8. Step 5 Add Tag: It is used for your reference this instance is used for development or production server. you can add type or name of instance like meta data information.
9. Step 6 Security Group. you should give the permission of accessing your EC2 instance by specifying the port number and IP address of Service which you want to open for the EC2 instance to access for outside world.
10. Review and launch your instance.
11. When you press the launch button, then it pop a window which ask you to choose existing KEY PAIR or you create a new KEY PAIR for access the EC2 instance. It is public and private key concept. Public key is with AWS and Private key with us for access the EC2 instance.
Enter Key Pair Name and Download it.
12. Then again Press Launch instance and it will take time around 10-15 minutes.
It will see you in Services –> Compute –> EC2 –> Left side tab INSTANCES.
You can see public IP address for connectivity in EC2 instance Dashboard.