Data guard broker(DGMGRL) steps during upgrade of Database
Following are the steps used to disable or enable the Dataguard Broker service during upgrade process of Oracle Database:
1. Disable the fast start failover.
DGMGRL> DISABLE FAST_START FAILOVER;
2. Shutdown the database PROD.
SQL> SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE;
3. Disable the configuration of Data guard broker.
DGMGRL> DISABLE CONFIGURATION;
4. Stop the DG broker service.
SQL> ALTER SYSTEM SET DG_BROKER_START=FALSE;
5. Check the following parameter location.
SHOW PARAMETER DG_BROKER_CONFIG_FILE1
SHOW PARAMETER DG_BROKER_CONFIG_FILE2
6. Take backup of both files shown in 5 steps parameter.
Copy paste on backup location
7. Start the upgrade process as you want from DBUA or manually process.
8. After upgrade finish, Start the broker from new home location.
SQL> ALTER SYSTEM SET DG_BROKER_START=TRUE;
9. Enable the broker’s active management of the databases service.
DGMGRL> ENABLE CONFIGURATION