Oracle SQL Developer configured for Microsoft SQL Server
1. Download the SQL Developer from Oracle Web Site.
Note: Create account on Oracle Site and download it.
2. Download the plugin for Configured the Microsoft SQL Server into the SQL Developer.
Choose for sql server driver and download it (JTDS driver version Download)
Direct link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/jtds/files/jtds/1.3.1
Download : jtds-1.3.1-dist.zip
3. Unzip the SQL developer folder and open the sqldeveloper.exe file on windows platform:
4. Sql Server is open and add new connection from right side + sign button:
5. Now you will see only option for Oracle and Access database for connectivity.
6. Now cancel this window, go to Tool –> Preferences, A new window will open.
Expand the database —> go to third party JDBC Driver –> Add the downloaded driver
Note: Extract the download JTDS software and add file upto jar file in below entry.
7. Now you open again the connection add button on right side. It will show you the connection for sql Server and Sysbase database