Clusterware Log Files
In this post we will see where Oracle Clusterware stores its component log files, these files help indiagnostic information collection and problem analysis.
All clusterware log files are stored under $ORA_CRS_HOME/log/ directory.
1. alert.log : Important clusterware alerts are stored in this log file. It is stored in $ORA_CRS_HOME/log//alert<hostname$gt;.log.
2. crsd.log : CRS logs are stored in $ORA_CRS_HOME/log//crsd/ directory. The crsd.log file is archived every 10MB as crsd.101, crsd.102 …
3. cssd.log : CSS logs are stored in $ORA_CRS_HOME/log//cssd/ directory. The cssd.log file is archived every 20MB as cssd.101, cssd.102….
4. evmd.log : EVM logs are stored in $ORA_CRS_HOME/log//evmd/ directory.
5. OCR logs : OCR logs (ocrdump, ocrconfig, ocrcheck) log files are stored in $ORA_CRS_HOME/log//client/ directory.
6. SRVCTL logs: srvctl logs are stored in two locations, $ORA_CRS_HOME/log//client/ and in$ORACLE_HOME/log//client/ directories.
7. RACG logs : The high availability trace files are stored in two locations
$ORA_CRS_HOME/log//racg/ and in $ORACLE_HOME/log//racg/ directories.
RACG contains log files for node applications such as VIP, ONS etc.
Each RACG executable has a sub directory assigned exclusively for that executable.
racgeut : $ORA_CRS_HOME/log//racg/racgeut/
racgevtf : $ORA_CRS_HOME/log//racg/racgevtf/
racgmain : $ORA_CRS_HOME/log//racg/racgmain/
racgeut : $ORACLE_HOME/log//racg/racgeut/
racgmdb : $ORACLE_HOME/log//racg/racgmdb/