Thread 1 cannot allocate new log, sequence 19, Checkpoint not complete
Warning show in the alert log file when checkpoint is not completed in Oracle Database. Following are the some points need to do R&D to get rid from the warning in alert log.
Following are the few solution.
1) Give the checkpoint process more time to cycle through the logs
– add more redo log groups
– increase the size of the redo logs
2) Reduce the frequency of checkpoints
– increase LOG_CHECKPOINT_INTERVAL
– increase size of online redo logs
3) Improve the efficiency of checkpoints
Enabling the CKPT process with CHECKPOINT_PROCESS=TRUE
4) Set LOG_CHECKPOINT_TIMEOUT = 0.
This disables the check pointing based on time interval.
5) Another means of solving this error is for DBWR to quickly write
the dirty buffers on disk.