Golden Gate Implementation and Issues( OGG-00446, 00403, 00446, 01224)
Blog include the steps to implement the golden gate on the server and also tried to cover the issues occurred during implementation of golden gate.
Steps for setup the Oracle Golden Gate:
1. Unzip the goldengate setup
2. Make a folder on the drive without space and copy the goldengate setup.
2. Go to CMD from location of goldengate binaries.
3. GGSCI program.
4. CREATE SUBDIRS
To specify a custom Manager name: (default name is GGSMGR)
1. Run GGSCI.
2. EDIT PARAMS ./GLOBALS
3. add the following line
4. File is saved automatically with the name GLOBALS, without a file extension.
Process to set up extract and replicate process:
1. Setup MGMT process of both the database.
2. Start MGMT process of both database.
3. Setup first Extract process. ( Note: Do not start the extract process before Setup the replicate)
4. Setup replicate process
5. Start the extract process.
6. Start the replicate process.
Starting steps of the Golden Gate
1. Start Source database MGMT process
2. Start Target database MGMT Process.
3. START EXT1 PROCESS
4. START REP1 PROCESS
Note: If you start the ext1 process without creating the rep1 process it will cause error in creating rep1 process.
Command to check process are running and check error in Golden Gate
eg info mgr , info ext1 , info rep1
2. check all process : info all
3. view report
e.g view report ext1, view report mgr
Issues in Golden Gate:
ERROR OGG-01224 TCP/IP error 10061 (No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.); retries exceeded.
1. Check both database server golden gate manager process is start
2. Check the firewall setting of both the databases.
3. If use different port in extract then specify the following on target server in Mgmt process parameter file:
4. Check the ping command for both the source and target machine.
5. Check the entries in hosts file of both source and target name.
ERROR OGG-00446 Missing filename opening checkpoint file
Note: ISSUE on Target server when try to start of replicate process
Added the following line in above of replication process parameter file.
ERROR OGG-00446 Checkpoint table ggs_owner.checkpoint does not exist. Please create the table or recreate the REP1 group using the correct table.
1. dblogin userid OGG, password OGG
2. Delete CHECKPOINTTABLE GGS_OWNER.CHKPTAB
3. ADD CHECKPOINTTABLE GGS_OWNER.CHKPTAB
ERROR OGG-00403 There can be only one DDL filtering statement. If DDL filter is long, use ampersand (&) sign to continue it on another line.
check the Extract process and replicate process , DDL line having causing some error.Please correct the syntax of DDL line in parameter file.
ERROR OGG-00446 Could not find archived log for sequence 33 thread 1 under default destinations SQL , error retrieving redo file name for sequence 33, archived = 1, use_alternate = 0Not able to establish initial position for begin time 2013-01-21 15:49:55.
alter extract begin now
ERROR OGG-01224 Address already in use.
Port is already used by another process, check on linux
ps -ef|grep mgr
Error OGG-01224 TCP/IP error 101
checked firewall setting.