Check the database and its backup is encrypted in AWS RDS service
Check the Database in AWS Encrypted
- Log in to the AWS console website.
- Go to the RDS Services.
- Select the database you want to check and go to the configuration tab.
- In the Configuration tab, check the encryption.
Check the database backup is Encrypted in AWS RDS service:
- Login to AWS console.
- Go to the RDS Service
- On left panel, go to the automated backup.
- On Right panel, you will find the Encryption Details
Note: You can only encrypt an Amazon RDS DB instance when you create it, not after the DB instance is created.