Role Management Tool to install or configure Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
While try to install Microsoft Sql Server 2014 on Microsoft windows 2016. During installation got message on precheck need to install dot net 3.5 on Windows 2016.
Error: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 is required.
Install or enable the feature from Service Manager.
Note: In Windows 2016, its doesnot have feature used manually path or internet for installation.
1. Open the Service Manger in Windows 2016 and go to Manage->select add roles and features button.
2. Click Next
3. Select role based or feature based installation and click next.
4. Select the Server from the list.
5. Select Server roles needed but in my case i need only dot net. So simple click next.
6. Select the dot net framework 3.5 features and click next.
7. You have two option in 2016 window: Connect with net or specify the alternate source path of dot net 3.5 then click next. I choosed net option for installing 3.5 dot net.
8. After finish please reboot the system for dot net 3.5 complete effects.