Installation of Oracle Client 11g
1. Download the Oracle Client software from the Oracle site.
Note: I am downloading 32 bit software. Please download as you requirement.
2. First accept the license agreements and then start download the Oracle Client Software:
3. Unzip the Win32 bit client software.
3. Install the setup of the client:
4.Select the administrator option and click next.
5. Default language is already selected, Go to Next
6. Choose the location of Oracle Home where you want to install.
7. After pre check done, Click Next.
8. Click Finish to install Oracle Client.
9. Installation started for oracle client.
10. Installation is completed.
11. Copy/Create the tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora files.
Example of TNS Entry:
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = IXC1-LP48ZJ622.FNFIS.com)(PORT = 1521))
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
(SERVICE_NAME = XE)
12. Test with TNSPING command that tns entries is correct