License details by Named user and Processor method for Oracle Database
In ORACLE, Licensing depends upon the editions. Oracle database have following edition:
- Express Edition ( it is free edition of oracle user can store upto 4 GB of database or for practice purpose)
- Personal Edition ( it is for software developer with full featured with cost effective)
- Standard Edition One( it is full featured database for Servers upto two sockets)
- Standard Edition ( It is full featured database for Servers upto four sockets)
- Enterprise Edition ( it is full featured database without any limit)
Method of Licensing the Oracle Production:
- Named User Plus
Named User Plus: Method can be used in all environments
- Standard Edition One:
5 Named User Plus licenses or total number of user whatever is greater.
Standard Edition One may only be licensed on servers that have a maximum capacity of 2 sockets.
- Standard Edition:
5 Named User Plus licenses or the total number of actual users, whichever is greater.
Standard Edition can only be licensed on servers that have a maximum capacity of 4 sockets
- Enterprise Edition:
Enterprise Edition requires a minimum of 25 Named User Plus per Processor licenses or the total number of actual users, whichever is greater.
Example: Enterprise Edition on a server having 8 processors MAching will be required to license a minimum of 8 processors * 25 Named
User Plus, which is equal to 200 Named User Plus
Note: The Personal Edition can only be licensed using the Named User Plus
Note: By Named User Plus, all users who are using the Oracle Database, as well as all non-human operated devices that are accessing the Oracle Database must be licensed.
- Licenses shall be determined by multiplying the total number of cores of the processor by a core processor licensing factor specified on the Oracle Processor Core Factor Table
- With Standard Edition One or Standard Edition in the product name, a processor is counted equivalent to a socket present in machine.
- All Processor cores for each licensed program are to be aggregated before multiplying by the appropriate core processor licensing factor(core factor table) and result are to be rounded for whole number.
Example: Processor Core Factor = 0.25
Machine having core = 6
Total license 6*0.25 => 1.5
Round value 1.5 => 2 2 license need to buy
Licensing factor Snapshot as follows: