SQL Reporting service error connection shared memory handshake
I am tried to open the reporting service but getting the following error of connectivity with the database.
Error: Not able to handshake with Named Pipes
SQL SERVER – FIX : ERROR : (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 – Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: )
Following are the caused of having handshake error. Hopefully one solution will fixed your problem
1. Check the SQL Server service is up or running.
Open the Services.msc and check SQL Server Service is running.
2. Check the Reporting database is present in SQL Server which you connected.
3. Go to SQL Serve configuration Manager –> Check SQL Serve Network configuration –> Protocol of SQL Server.
Check Shared Memory, TCP/IP and Named Pipes Protocol should be enabled. If disable right click and enabled them
4. Check the service SQL SERVER BROWSER SERVICE Should be running in Services.msc
5. Check the firewall setting of the windows and enable for the port 1433 with TCP protocol.
Port Number: 1433
6. Check the SQL Server authentication is mixed mode or windows authentication. Enable mixed mode authentication if SQL Server is in Window Authentication mode.
By right click on connected SQL Server in SQL Management Studio and go to properties and move windows authentication to mixed mode authentication and choose SA user password
Note: sa is the default user-name in SQL Server.
You should enable the Server authentication mode to mixed mode as following:
In SQL Studio, select YourServer -> Property -> Security -> Select SqlServer and Window Authentication mode.
7. At last, Check if both SQL Server Services and Reporting Service are running from same logon in Services.msc. If not then make them with one logon and tried once.
8. Check the log at Event Viewer in Windows and SQL Server error log files at %Program-Files%\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL13.SQL\MSSQL\LOG\ERRORLOG