Major Task Performed by Oracle DBA
Following are the task list which Oracle DBA performed:
1. Applied Quarterly security patches on the Oracle Databases.
2. Performing upgrades of the database and software to new release levels.
3. Do the performance troubleshooting and tuning if customer is facing any slowness.
4. Do Year end partitioning activities.
5. Create and maintain Oracle Dataguard & RAC Environment.
6. Making database backups and performing recovery when necessary.
7. Proactively monitoring the database’s health and taking preventive or corrective action as required.
8. Resolved logical and physical corruption issue in the databases.
9. Managing the database’s storage structures.
10. Creating new scripts to make the environment more stable.
11. Refresh activities with RMAN and DATAPUMP.
12. Took Logical and physical Backup.
13. Migration of database from different platforms.
14. Use Golden Gate for replication and migration.
15. Installation and configuration of Oracle databases.